Lets do some shadows people!! I am friends with these folks:
Shadow People Project was inspired by the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, where thousands of people were blown away, leaving only their shadows printed by heat on streets, bridges, walls, and granite steps. These shadow people were the first to be rendered faceless and nameless by a nuclear weapon, but they were neither the first nor the last people rendered shadows by a great power.
The Shadow People Project is designed to bring shadow people out of the shadows, to fill the dark night with millions of tiny stars to let the world know we are HERE and care about what’s happening to us, to each other, and to our planet.
We strive to connect people by building a community that not only follows the Shadow People Project, but also inspires them to create their own social movements towards a better world.
Neato contest- with prizes!
*** Over $250 in prizes ***
Nuevos Comienzos (New Beginnings) is a new commercial kitchen at The Commons, and a project of The Volunteer Center; our vision is to build a healthy and viable food economy in Grant County through mentorship of potential food entrepreneurs, while creating sustainable local businesses.
We need a logo that shouts “KITCHEN!,” one that we can use on letterheads, posters, hats, t-shirts, doggie sweaters, mouse pads, and more.
- Open to everyone! Really. Everyone.
- Must look good, large or small, because we’d like to use it on EVERYTHING!
- Official rules – email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Logo), or stop by The Commons, 501 E 13th St (on the corner of 13th and Corbin) for rules and release forms.
How to Submit Your Design:
- Email email@example.com (subject line: Logo) before 11:59 PM, or
- Drop off at The Commons, 501 E 13th St (on the corner of 13th and Corbin) before 4PM on February 4, 2015. Please remember to include your contact information and applicable waivers for your submission to be considered.
Winner will be notified by February 11, 2015; prize will be awarded by February 14.
More questions? Email Barb (subject line: Logo) at firstname.lastname@example.org, call her at 575.388.2988 or stop by The Commons.
Deadline is February 4!
New Media mini festival
like water for the desert
new media for New Mexico
Hosted on the campus of WNMU in Parotti Hall
Thursday February 19th
sandy baldwin- WVU
New Media Acoustics:
barry moon- ASU
jessica rajko- ASU
Moderated by peter bill WNMU
Friday February 20th
Literary Spam: performance writing in video games
bruce bennett peter bill
barry moon doug nottingham
snare alchemy 2.0